• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1979-1982 Mustang factory fuel line routing

haromaster87

Hi everyone,

First time posting here, although I used to be active on the old Four Eyed Pride forums before they seemingly disappeared from the internet lol. I'm currently working on a 1980 Mustang base hatchback that was originally a 2.3/c3 combo. I got an '87 roller 302 and an AOD dropped in, but now I'm on the part of actually connecting everything. My question today is regarding the routing of the original hard fuel line on these early foxes. The PO had sort of installed a later fuel tank and a temporary rubber fuel line, which I've since removed.

I got the correct early fuel tank and all associated components installed, but I realized I have no clue how the original fuel line was routed on the early cars. I have done a lot of digging on google and forum searches, but everything I find is someone who still has their original line installed, so they use that to reference routing.

Does any one by chance have any photos of their fuel line? Or perhaps a good description of how it's all routed? I think I've found out they ran the fuel line up the trans tunnel, so I think I know that part. My biggest curiosities are the fuel pickup/fuel filter area and then how it goes over/around the rear axle. Does the fuel filter just come right after the fuel pickup, then the other end of the filter goes to the hard line?

I'm sure it'll make more sense once I have the pre-bent line to look at, but I just want to get an idea of where it goes, if possible. Also I know most forums love pics so I'll throw in a couple of the 1980 from when I first got it. I wish I could tell y'all it looks better now, but I can't lie like that in my first post lol. Thanks for any advice or info!

20210318_175704.jpg20210318_175630.jpg