• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Another new old guy

broncojunkie

Hi. I'm getting ready to buy an 88 GT that needs some work, but runs ok. I've owned fox bodies in the past, but it has been many years. I'm 40 now and miss my old toys, lol! All I own are Fords. I have an 02 Exploder with some basic mods and also a 92 F150 that I've been fixing up. That one is currently in the paint shop.

The mustang I'm buying belongs to my brother-in-law and has been parked for a year. Body is good, but needs tires and most of the interior. It will be a couple weeks before I'll have pics, unfortunately. I work on the river and am currently half way through a 28-day hitch. Anyway, it has the original 302 and t-5. The motor has had some work done. Mainly a top-end rebuild. The tranny will need attention. It is fine other than a 2-3 gear shift scrape, which I believe is common. I've been researching the rebuild process and may tackle it soon.

Looking forward to following your builds!

John2002

Your not old yet, 50 and still wrenchin is old like me ...LOL 28 days on a river!!!! thats to long for any projects.... Its been about 4 years for me and our car, got it in good condition but getting it back to better has had a few ups and downs... This is my 3rd Ford product and has given my old tools new life....When was the last tme anyone used a timing light or a distributor wrench???
Good luck with the never ending joy of owning something older then most kids graduating college and looking for work....