• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Cobra

WOFFMAN 1961

I have 1981 cobra I heard it is very rare only a few were made with a v8 it’s a 255 cubic inch factory car they said only 3 were ordered this way as a cobra all numbers match just trying to find out if the car is worth keeping or sell it

broncojunkie

The 79 cobras were more common than 80 & 81. I don't think the total numbers produced can be confirmed, but I've seen quoted numbers like 17k 79 cobras and under 10k 80 & 81. I'm even more clueless when it comes to engine options. I do know the 80 and 81 cobras are better looking (in my opinion) being similar to the pace car with the cowl hood scoop and front air dam, but the 302 was not available in 80 and 81.

One Owner 1982

There are not many 4 eyed cars left. Mine is a 1982 GL Hatch back with the TRX package. I bought the car new in January of 1983.

Attachments

• IMG_0015.jpeg
    IMG_0015.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 1