• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

AVOID Shop Mustang Parts (IT'S A SCAM)

Black Gold 380R

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up to NEVER make any purchases from an online company identified as Shop Mustang Parts. I believe this company to be a sham and will SCAM you.

https://shopmustangparts.com/

I was searching for Mustang seats to possibly put in the 1990 Mustang LX I am attempting to purchase. I searched Google and a set of 87-89 Sport seats came up (front and rear complete). I click on the link and go to the website. Believe me, it looks VERY legit. So, I go to the “contact” link. There’s a place for me to place my name, email address, subject of my inquiry and my message. The contact page also has an address and phone number listed. I inquire about the seats. I receive a text message from them, from the number listed on the contact webpage (424) 465-8103. I was asked to call them.

This is what was pictured:

https://shopmustangparts.com/shop/1987-1989-fox-body-mustang-seats/
SMP 03.JPG

I make the call and the person on the line tells me the seats are still available. In my initial message I provide my zip code so they could ascertain a shipping amount/quote. The guy tells me with price of the seats ($600), taxes and shipping to my house it’s going to be $725. I tell him let me think about it and I’ll get back to him.

I call back a little later and ask him if he has any flexibility on price. He asks me to make an offer. I said $500 plus shipping. He responded, for everything he could do $600. Now, I have been doing searches for seats for a couple weeks now. Shipping to my house alone has been quoted as being $250 minimum. So, I thought that was a hell of a deal for a complete set of seats (front and rear), that are in GREAT shape. I tell him I accept his offer.

I asked him if I purchase online or over the phone. He tells me even if I purchase online he will still need to send me instructions on how to purchase the items. So, I asked him to text my payment instructions.

I receive a text stating the following:
  • Here is the PayPal payment instructions for your order.
  • PayPal ID: cliffordujate@gmail.com
  • Sending option: family and friends
  • Description or Note: #5500
  • Note: only use the friends and family option for this transaction. And send me a screenshot of your completed transaction after payment. Thank you.
So, I’m like the price is too good to be true and him asking for payment via friends and family is a serious “Red Flag” as that payment is not protected and should not be used to make purchases to a business. Also, he told me via text his name is Terrance. I’m supposed to be making a payment to Clifford???

So, I’m thinking this does not seem right. Therefore, I start doing research. I searched reviews of SMP. Low and behold I find the following from Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Scams/comments/12v262d
In short it says SHOP MUSTANG PARTS is a SCAM and they are using information and pictures from MPSautosalvage. I dig a little further and pictures on the SMP sight has photos of Mustang parts on a blue cloth. Exactly like MPSautosalvage. Hell, even the initials of both places is a play on each other.

Shop Mustang Parts
SMP 01.jpg

MPSautosalvage
MPS 01.jpg

Then I look at the “About” page on the Shop Mustang Parts website. It says the following:
SMP 02.jpg

So, I look for what MPSautosalvage says. I could not find anything on their webpage, but found this posted on one of their Ebay auctions (Almost word for word):

About Us:

We have been serving the late model Ford Mustang community since 1986. We have over 30,000 square feet of Mustang parts under roof! We have the most knowledgeable staff in the industry. Specializing in driveline conversions, or any project, rebuild, or restore requiring those hard to find New & Used Mustang parts. All members of our staff are hands on! Need other 1987 to current year Ford Mustang parts that you can not find listed on eBay?? Send me a message and I will list whatever you need in my eBay store. All of our vehicles are stored inside before and after dismantling!!

MPS autosalvage Ebay Listing (where I got the about us for MPSautosalvage):
1993 93 FORD MUSTANG COBRA INTAKE PLAQUE BRAND NEW REPRODUCTION | eBay

It is obvious Shop Mustang Parts is waiting to SCAM me. Remember, if it’s too good to be true, it is. Also, NEVER use friends and family with people you do not know. It will not be covered by PayPal. So, I post this as a warning to all other Mustang enthusiasts looking to get Mustang parts.

AVOID SHOP MUSTANG PARTS AT ALL COSTS!!!!