• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hello from Marietta, GA

MHampson

Hi folks,

I have been restoring and building cars for many, many years, but never a Mustang. I had a foxbody in college in 1992-1994. It was a white '83 GT hatchback with t-tops. I loved that car, but after graduation and working for a year, I decided to sell and get something newer. Fast forward to today and I saw the exact same car on Facebook Marketplace and had to buy it. It was a mess! I stripped it down to the unibody, put it on a rotisserie, and am starting to rebuild it. I welcome any feedback or suggestions of good places to go for new and used parts, etc. I was thinking of a coyote swap too, and wonder what plans I need to put forth to make that happen, i.e. best crossmembers to buy, tips/tricks and gotchas, etc.

Thanks in advance,
Michael

Attachments

• 2024-04-07 13.50.03.jpg
    2024-04-07 13.50.03.jpg
    579.8 KB · Views: 1

One Owner 1982

Hey fellow Fox Body owner. Sorry no one has responded to your post. In a One Owner guy in Alabama. Bought mine in January of 1983.

Attachments

• IMG_0015.jpeg
    IMG_0015.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 2

One Owner 1982

That's a really nice looking car! You have certainly taken care of it.
Michael
Yeah, and it has a lot of history in our family too. As long as I live we will always have it. My oldest son and I are also building a 1966 Mustang coup. Hopefully we will have it running next year. Some people call it a sickness. I call it love.

One Owner 1982

I’m building a 1966 Mustang coupe now. It’s a basket case but I’ve completed all the metal work and I have an engine and transmission ready for it. I’m about to rework the rear differential and front suspension, breaks and steering.

Attachments

• IMG_1166.jpeg
    IMG_1166.jpeg
    196.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0615.jpeg
    IMG_0615.jpeg
    221.3 KB · Views: 1