• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

How can I fix this ecu problem?

FB6410

So I have a 1989 Mustang lx 5.0 that runs and drives. Only problem with it is that the wiring harness is crap and some wires are just missing. So I went and bought the American Autowire Complete Wiring Harness Classic Update Kit Mustang 1987-1989 in hopes that it would solve my problems just as all the reviews had said. so far it looks like it should do that but there is one major problem: the ecu. They say the kit isn’t compatible with the factory ecu so what should I do now? I called the company and they recommended me the Holley Terminator X efi. After some further digging on that, I learned that it isn’t legal for emission passing road legal cars to run that system. So what should I do now? Is there a better wiring harness that I could get or is there a way that I can wire in the factory ecu? Anything to point me in the right direction helps.
Thanks!