• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My 1987 ASC McLaren

Teach

Although this FBM forum seems slow, I came looking for general 5.0 info., and saw that there was a McLaren forum so I thought I would post. I bought this car last winter and it has been a bit of a project. I have had other Mustangs but this is my first Fox Body. I have the stock ASC McLaren Motorsport Wheel Company wheels, but have always liked the '93 Cobras, so I went for it am and very happy with how they look on the car- and also contribute to better handling, due to the width.

The car originally (after the McLaren conversion) had a valance under the rear bumper. A previous owner removed it when installing a larger exhaust, including straight-back style pipes. The cars came with pipes curved down to fit below the valance. I (and, maybe as importantly, my twin boys and my wife) like it without the valance, and think it adds to the sleeker overall look achieved with the lowering springs and lower top (than a stock FB).

A number of things give this away as a very early build- probably one of the first of the Mustangs ASC did (after the Capri run ended). I absolutely love the car. Although I have never thought of myself as a big fan of white cars, I think these McLarens look great in white. The white brings out the details of the body and the color contrast with the top.

Fans, enjoy...haters...well, no need to comment.

IMG_5862.jpgIMG_5861.jpgIMG_5868.jpg

Erkenbrand

That looks great. No rear valence does contribute to a sleek, sharp look. And, I agree, I usually don't like white cars, but that really pops.