• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New to the site but old hand at Foxbody life

SVTSkip

Thought all the old school Fox forum sites had died and I'm not on social media so I couldn't be corrected lol ! Anyway, I'm a longtime Fox fan/owner and used to moderate on numerous Mustang sites and was part owner of Ultimate Foxbody back in the day. Still own a couple Foxes although I don't have either of them roadworthy at the moment. Lately I've been focused on my kids, grandson, and multiple health issues but I'm hoping that the bug will bite again soon and I'll be able to devote some time/money into getting at least one of the Foxes back on the street. I'm doubtful I'll be the full on PW that I often was on the old sites for those that knew me, but I will try to at least drop in from time to time :)

Last edited:

SVTSkip

Thank you for the welcome aboard ! I'm actually probably going to sell the 91 and redirect the funds to building the 4 eye. However it goes down though, this is probably my last project car because I need another one like a hole in the head lol !!!

Ponyprez

Thank you for the welcome aboard ! I'm actually probably going to sell the 91 and redirect the funds to building the 4 eye. However it goes down though, this is probably my last project car because I need another one like a hole in the head lol !!!
Welcome to the site and I know what you mean about more projects, my 90 turned out to be morte project than expected but thats what you get sometimes from an ebay special. I had an 80 for awhile and the four eyes do grow on you but it was a good car but the six was lacking especially with the A/C on. Still working on getting all the bugs out as previous owner of the 90 disconnected all the smog and didn't do it well so battling codes still. Biggest issue now is the AOD second gear solenoid issue as it jumps from first to third and was a Jasper rebuild about 4K ago. Look forward to seeing photos of yours as you get it sorted.

One Owner 1982

Thought all the old school Fox forum sites had died and I'm not on social media so I couldn't be corrected lol ! Anyway, I'm a longtime Fox fan/owner and used to moderate on numerous Mustang sites and was part owner of Ultimate Foxbody back in the day. Still own a couple Foxes although I don't have either of them roadworthy at the moment. Lately I've been focused on my kids, grandson, and multiple health issues but I'm hoping that the bug will bite again soon and I'll be able to devote some time/money into getting at least one of the Foxes back on the street. I'm doubtful I'll be the full on PW that I often was on the old sites for those that knew me, but I will try to at least drop in from time to time :)
Glad you are getting back into the Fox world. I also took about a 20 year break. I got my 1982 GL hatchback back on the road two years ago after it sat in the garage and got covered with household goods. I e really enjoyed getting to drive it again. I bought the car new so it’s a one owner and I don’t have plans to let it get out of our family as long as I have a say.

Attachments

• IMG_0232.jpeg
    IMG_0232.jpeg
    196.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0231.jpeg
    IMG_0231.jpeg
    249.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0230.jpeg
    IMG_0230.jpeg
    212.2 KB · Views: 4

Ponyprez

Welcome back, I stepped away from my 87 GT convertible years ago but last year I won an E-bay special that I have been sorting out. Nice 82, are those the original Michelin wheels or the repop 15" wheels? Take care and good luck making her roadworthy again.