• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

working on a 79 2.3 turbo. Having trouble getting parts for the crankcase oil separator. Can this entire system be eliminated?

pappapk

working on a 79 2.3 turbo. Having trouble getting parts for the crankcase oil separator. Can this entire system be eliminated?

SVTSkip

I'm not familiar with the 2.3 in any way shape or form, but I am familiar with crankcase oil separators as I run them in all of my vehicles except my 20yo Toyota truck. With the way modern cars route the vapors (often oil laden) from the PCV back into the induction track it makes a TON of sense to have a separator in place ESPECIALLY when elevated pressures are present due to forced induction. I'd rethink the strategy there if it were me and try to find an aftermarket solution to whatever about your particular setup is bothering you. Just my .02 though...